Monday, May 9, 2011

My New Mode Of Transportation....




So I have been wanting to get a bike for sometime now. I don't live that far from my work, 1.9 miles, and with the cost of the bus pass going up and having people give me rides at 11:00 pm, I would rather be able to transport myself. Plus, I can't afford a car right now. So with the warmer weather coming up (soon I hope!!) I bought a bike. I love it. I haven't owned a bike since about '06 or '07. I have to get used to riding it again, and work my way up to being able to make it the 1.9 miles.

I did go out on Sunday for a little ride and made it 1.5 miles, but there was NO way I was going to make it back...I just about died! I am so outta shape(DUH!!)! I called a lady in my ward and she found someone in the ward that had a truck who came and rescued me out of the rain! I think for now I am going to ride to the bus stop and catch the bus to work and then I can ride home. Riding home will be easier, it's mostly downhill, and I don't have to worry about how long it will take me to get there!

I decided to name my bike Bob. I named him after Trainer Bob from The Biggest Loser. I don't watch much TV and I haven't watch many seasons of The Biggest Loser, but I like Bob and it seems like a good name for a bike. I am not sure what the "Hybrid" really means for a bike. Really, even with the explanation...oh well. It also has a bell on it and I love it! Shari went with me to buy it and she pointed the bell out to me. I bought a basket and put it on. I love it! I bought a lock and an air-pump. I am excited to start using it. Til next time...me











No comments: