This weekend I went on a little road trip, which usually means eating fast food, snacking and drinking soda. Well we started the trip grabbing some breakfast, which were breakfast burritos. They were okay. We also stopped at the store to get some cold medicine for my parents...they both have a cold. While we were there I got some Kashi Go-Lean bars for the trip and some water. I did really good with not snacking. We finally picked up the kids and headed to Laughlin. When we got there we got all our things in the room and then we went to eat at the buffet. So a buffet, as everyone know contains a lot of food choices, I chose to get salad, with romaine lettuce and some baby spinach leaves. I put tomatoes and a little ranch dressing and some crutons. I also had cottage cheese, a little bit of spanish rice and beans. I also had two or three pieces of the sweet and sour chicken. Not to bad. I also had water with my dinner. I had one chocolate covered strawberry and watermelon pieces for dessert. I was surprised that I was able to make healthier choices. When we went to breakfast the next morning I chose something called the"Healthy Start" on the menu, which was no cholesterol egg substitute (I had a few bites of them...I don't really like eggs anyway!), a bowl of fruit and grilled chicken and whole wheat toast. I also had a very small glass of orange juice, and then drank water. I only ate one chicken breast and 1 and a half of the toast pieces, and the fruit. I stopped eating when I was full. On the way home I didn't snack, drank just water and had a couple of crackers when I was feeling sick. We got home dropped off the kids and then went to dinner. My dad wanted fast food and we decided to go to Mimi's cafe. I picked grilled chicken with veggies. It came on a bed of mashed potatoes, and I asked for rice instead. I only ate one of the chicken breasts and some of the rice, and brought the rest home. I also drank water with it. At the end of the day I was really happy with the choices that I made in what I ate.
When I got home, Amanda and I did my measurements, pictures and weight. She had also made me a menu for this week with the stuff we have here at the house. She is awesome. She also helped me write out my workout for this week and next week. One of my goals is also to get up every morning at 8 and take some vitamins. I did do that this morning. I feel better and energized. I know that this will be a challenge, but nothing like a challenge to make you grow and become stronger. I got this in my horoscope this morning. "Important goals are hard to reach, and while you're tempted to give up, you need to keep trying. Expect to have to work for success, because it will not be simply handed to you. Your patient striving makes the rewards worthwhile. " I find it very fitting. Well I am off, I start my workout today and I will let you all know how it is went! Later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment