Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Dear Mommy,
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Dear Mommy,
Happy Birthday to you!
Today is my mom's 55 birthday...oh I hope that she doesn't kill me for revealing her age...she is a very young 55 years! My mom has always been a fun loving good mom. Some of my most favorite memories with my mom thus far:
- Taking random road trips spontaneously. My mom would decide that it was time for a road trip and we were off. It would usually start off with a legit reason and then we would just be gone. I remember when Laura was about to graduate from High School and my mom and I decided that I wanted to be there so we left. Driving with my mom is the best. She listens to the same music every road trip, and I love it. Marty Robbins, George Strait, and sometimes classic rock and oldies. Anytime I hear, "Out in the West Texas town of El Paso I fell in love with a Mexican girl. Night-time would find me in Rosa's Catina; Music would play and Felina would whirl." I think of many times driving on the long open road to some destination that would become another memory that I love to recall. Many, many fun moments have happened inside of one of the many cars we took. "Brenda, are you ok?", "Here Lardy, lardy", "Te-Soar-Ro, Te-Sur-Row, Te-So-Ro, It's means TREASURE!" So many fun memories.
- I love how creative my mom is, even though she will deny it, she is truly talented. She has crocheted so many doll clothes that are really detailed and take a lot of time. She has made many blankets and even barbie clothes. I think she has a lot of talent in being a patient and kind loving mom and grandma.
- My mom has amazing faith. When I say amazing I mean it. My mom has always been active and no matter what life has thrown her, and it has thrown her a lot, she always knows that she can turn it over to our Father in Heaven and that He will take care of her and her loved ones. Anytime that I have struggled with anything she has told me that the Lord know what He is doing and that we should just have faith in His ability to take care of us. She has always shown that she loves and respects the gospel in her life and the lives of her loved ones. My mom has always been such a wonderful example in how to love people for who they are and not the choices they make. She is so kind and always willing to help out. I am so proud of my mom and how much she has taught me about life and being a good person.
- My mom has American Spirit. She is so patriotic. I love how proud she is of our nation and that she in instilling a stronger sense of pride in me. Any time I hear a patriotic song I get chills and I think of my mom.
- My mom has a really strong sense of family. I love that she has always tried to keep us close to our extended family. It is probably the reason Laura and I were able to become as close as we are. We would spend time together any time my mom would make a trip to Cali to visit Uncle Tom and the cousins. I love that we have had the family reunions that we have had. I have so many wonderful memories and family togetherness from those times.
I LOVE YOU MOM!
Maybe when I visit you we can start looking at the 55 and older communities for you! JK! Love you!!





2 comments:
oh the road trips rocked!! Happy bday auntie lou!!
Thank you Brenda, and yes I'm crying! I love you so much and miss you! But I think you are writing about a fictious mom...one that is a figment of your imagination!!! What is a road trip? I'll have to try it sometime!
Post a Comment