So during the times that I have lived away from home, occasionally I have received boxes from my parents. I wish I had kept better record of what the contents of those boxes were. I remember one box had a garbage bag in it and some other random stuff. Recently my mom came to Oregon to get the Kicker (Suzuki Sidekick). She borrowed my cell phone to have on her trip back to Arizona. So after she got back she sent the phone back to me. I was expecting a pretty small box containing the phone and charger. Well here is was was in the box...
9 pennies,
1 $1 bill,
3 packets of instant oatmeal,
2 packages of popcorn,
3 books,
1 package of MRE Cherry flavored beverage.
Box from my parents: PRICELESS.
Oh I love my parents so much. They are two of the funniest people I know. My dad has an interesting sense of humor. I actually think that there is a term for it. I found it on the Internet when I was "stumbling". The term for it is called Lexophile. It means a lover of cryptic words. It happened to have a lot of the same jokes that my dad told us growing up.
More recently I received a "care package", not a Christmas box, from my parents. I knew something was up because everyday for about a week I would talk to my dad and he would ask if I had received my card or anything in the mail. One morning I did and it was delightful. I was so excited! I called him, but there was no answer...so I opened it anyway. Oh the cover it says to "rattle" oh the joys of hearing pennies rumble around among all the other goodies!
This box contained:
1 bag of random homemade cookies
3 bags of microwavable popcorn
1 can of peaches
1 packet of instant oatmeal
1 box of batteries
8 bendy straws
2 band aides
1 package of Oreo's
1 package of peanut butter crackers
1 small pocket knife
1 pen
1 mechanical pencil
4 granola bars
4 packets of MRE peanut butter
1 packet MRE strawberry jam
3 packets MRE bbq sauce
1 packet MRE picante sauce
3 packets MRE beverage powder
1 pair of chopsticks
2 pieces of Bazooka bubble gum
1 matchbook of matches, with 4 matches missing
a couple handfuls of kisses and candy corn
1 penguin waddle toy
1 fake $100 bill
2 penguin Christmas ornaments
5 nickels
9 pennies
1 $20 bill
some love notes!
and a priceless box of knowing my daddy loves and thinks of me!
I have decided that I will document and take photographs of any box I shall receive in the future from my parents. I love that my dad is totally random and has the sense of humor to bring a smile to my face when I think about a can of peaches or microwavable popcorn. Is it lame that I am totally crying right now thinking about how random my family is. I wouldn't trade any of them for the world. I am so glad that we all have grown up and have been able to love and care for each other. I think when I was younger I would have never thought that I would have so much love for my family. I love them all with all my heart and can't wait to see all of them soon. I miss you all so much and think of you daily! Till then,
I LOVE YOU!!!

9 pennies,
1 $1 bill,
3 packets of instant oatmeal,
2 packages of popcorn,
3 books,
1 package of MRE Cherry flavored beverage.
Box from my parents: PRICELESS.
Oh I love my parents so much. They are two of the funniest people I know. My dad has an interesting sense of humor. I actually think that there is a term for it. I found it on the Internet when I was "stumbling". The term for it is called Lexophile. It means a lover of cryptic words. It happened to have a lot of the same jokes that my dad told us growing up.
More recently I received a "care package", not a Christmas box, from my parents. I knew something was up because everyday for about a week I would talk to my dad and he would ask if I had received my card or anything in the mail. One morning I did and it was delightful. I was so excited! I called him, but there was no answer...so I opened it anyway. Oh the cover it says to "rattle" oh the joys of hearing pennies rumble around among all the other goodies!
This box contained:
1 bag of random homemade cookies
3 bags of microwavable popcorn
1 can of peaches
1 packet of instant oatmeal
1 box of batteries
8 bendy straws
2 band aides
1 package of Oreo's
1 package of peanut butter crackers
1 small pocket knife
1 pen
1 mechanical pencil
4 granola bars
4 packets of MRE peanut butter
1 packet MRE strawberry jam
3 packets MRE bbq sauce
1 packet MRE picante sauce
3 packets MRE beverage powder
1 pair of chopsticks
2 pieces of Bazooka bubble gum
1 matchbook of matches, with 4 matches missing
a couple handfuls of kisses and candy corn
1 penguin waddle toy
1 fake $100 bill
2 penguin Christmas ornaments
5 nickels
9 pennies
1 $20 bill
some love notes!
and a priceless box of knowing my daddy loves and thinks of me!
I have decided that I will document and take photographs of any box I shall receive in the future from my parents. I love that my dad is totally random and has the sense of humor to bring a smile to my face when I think about a can of peaches or microwavable popcorn. Is it lame that I am totally crying right now thinking about how random my family is. I wouldn't trade any of them for the world. I am so glad that we all have grown up and have been able to love and care for each other. I think when I was younger I would have never thought that I would have so much love for my family. I love them all with all my heart and can't wait to see all of them soon. I miss you all so much and think of you daily! Till then,
I LOVE YOU!!!





1 comment:
i must admit I am quite the fan of the care packages.... mostly cause they are hilarious and a little cause I always get the austin pb crackers.... so deluxe!!
Post a Comment