I continued to work and to live. It was nice to be able to be at work everyday and do something that I really liked. I was doing Data Entry for Apple Rebates. Simple, tedious work. I got to listen to music while I worked and it was great. I got along great with my roommates. Kate is 22, Alainia is 25 and Kara is 34. We all kind of had different schedules, so we saw each other off and on. We did do a couple of roommate nights. One night we went to a pizza place in SLC. It was a lot of fun, and afterwards we went to Holiday and Zac was was working. One of them asked him about going on a date for me, but he was still seeing someone! Oh well, that is life. Another time we went Ice Skating, and yes, I did get out there on the ice and went around twice WITHOUT falling!! It was fun. I like them a lot. Kara is in recovery like me and we have gotten along great. I have gone to meetings with her and we have hung out. She has since moved out, just last month. We still talk and I miss her lots! The new roommate that moved in, I haven't met yet. I work strange hours, so I don't see them that often.
I am still working at the same place. I work for Select Staffing. I have been here since September. Almost 7 months. I moved from Data Entry for Apple to Navteq, where we sold update Navigation discs to people who have navigational systems in their cars and dealerships. It was fun and easy work. We got really nice bonus's too. In January I got a really bad concussion and missed a week of work, they asked me if I wanted to go work on AT&T and I said yes, I got another week off work, while we waited for AT&T to launch. Gave me another week to recover.
This concussion has been hell on my life. I fell in the parking lot of Macey's. It didn't bother me at first, but then a couple days later I was slurring my words and in a lot of pain. I have been getting really bad migraines frequently since then. I have had them just about everyday. I have been in the ER/Urgent Care many times. I have been working closely with my doctor to find some kind of relief. I tried a few different medicines. I am on Topamax. That seems to be helping for the most part. The migraines have decreased in quantity, but not much in intensity. I am going to see a neurologist on May 24th to get some more answers. I have also done a sleep study, where my doc says I have mild sleep apnea. She wants me to do another sleep study with a mask. I am looking forward to it, because I have slept with a mask before and I slept really well when I did.
As for my addiction and recovery I will be a year clean and sober in May! I can't believe it will be that soon. I am still working towards the Temple. I am happy to say that my dad has returned to the Temple after 36 years. It is a huge blessing and something I have been praying for for many years. I love the gospel so much and have been so blessed. I don't know why or how the Lord sees fit that He has sent so many angels in my life to help me out. Someone is always there to help when I need it the most. I am always saying a prayers of thanks and showing my gratitude. I try to serve others as much as I have been served. I have learned quite a few lessons and simple gospel principles in the last few months. The Lord has been busy teaching me. Some of them have included faith, tithing, humility and self-worth. I know that the Lord loves me and is aware of what I am going through. I just feel blessed that I can understand and appreciate His presence in my life.
I am trying to make it a goal to keep this blog up to day. I live far away from friends and family and would like this to be a tool in how they see my progress...so til next time...me




No comments:
Post a Comment