I have been thinking a lot about opposition and how in almost everything it is pretty much guaranteed....we all have moments of joy...moments of sadness...Opposition is in all things...to know the joy of a moment, means you'll have to face the sorrow of another...the sorrow won't always be upon us, so fully cherish joy before it is to late....
I have been really focusing or being more aware of how each moment affects my day or affects my feelings...and trying to be more appreciative for both sides of opposition...my joy is more joyful, knowing it comes back again and again.
After a full day, I reflect back on the day and most of the time I tend to see the "crappy" part/s of the day...what made me angry, what frustrated me, what mad me sad. I have been really making an effort to recall either before or after that "crap" moment, a moment that made me smile, or made me laugh, brought up a happy memory...seeing my kitten Maizee pounce on Sid, watching kids playing, seeing a tv show from when I was a kid, laughing with my best friend, hearing music that means a lot to me...it always turns out that there is so many moments of happiness, or joy, or laughter! It changes my whole lookout...the next day it is easier to just let the frustrations go....I think, "is someone driving way to slow for me really going to matter in my overall life? When I am 88 and sitting with my grandkids, and I going to tell them how frustrating the rude waiter was at dinner that one night in 2009? No, and it is so nice to know that...remembering how my cats would play, or how much fun Lo and I can have over some tasty fast food and late night re-runs! How much fun it is to jump on the trampoline with the kids instead of being frustrated that there is a mess in the kitchen that should be cleaned...
For me I know that there are going to be rough times, and stuff that I can't just brush off...stuff that will have to be faced, but I know that I am strong enough to get through anything that comes my way. I am capable of so much and I KNOW that! I also know that I don't have to go through any of this alone, I will always have support from those who love me...and I have come to realize that there are a LOT of people who love me. I am one lucky person. Take a look at the people in your life and you will find that you have a whole spectrum of people who love you!
I didn't mean for this to go on this long...I just wanted to give you an update on where I am in life!! Things are good, still in school, still in beautiful Oregon, still going strong! Thank you to all of the people that are in my life and mean so much to me...you know who you are...and if you are unsure just send me a message and I will tell you!




No comments:
Post a Comment