Happy Birthday Dad!!
I hope you have a great day today. I Love You!!
I hope you have a great day today. I Love You!!
Today is my daddy's birthday. I have a really awesome dad. He has always been there for our family. He always provided us with a safe roof over our heads, food to eat, clothes on our backs and plenty of love. He has always has a strong work ethic and I am very proud of the things my dad has accomplished in his life. Here are some of my favorite memories from my dad.- My dad was a "doctor" in the army. For the longest time I grew up believing that my dad had been a doctor in the army. Whenever we were hurt or something was wrong my dad would fix us up and I would ask him how he knew what to do, and that is where he would always say that he had been a doctor in the army. I think I was in my late teens when I realized that wasn't the case. He still took very good care of us.
- My dad has the best jokes. He uses all the great one liner jokes, like my current favorite is "What do you call a clairvoyant midget who escaped from prison? A small medium at large." He also likes to tell the wide mouth frog joke, that is a classic in our family.
- My dad taught us at a very young age about guns. He has always been a avid gun collector. I remember going to the gun range all the time and learning about how to shoot, load, reload the bullets, and gun safety. I am glad as an adult that I have the knowledge of this. I know how to protect myself and my family. I am thankful to my dad for passing that knowledge on to me.
- My dad had this old brown truck. We used to go garage-selling on Saturday mornings and my favorite thing was when the Dire Straits song "Money for Nothing" would come on the radio. I love listening to my dad sing that song. It is one of my favorites.
- I love going with my dad to get donuts and the paper on Sunday mornings. I love all the little things I have seen my dad do. He used to watch Jeopardy every night and eat pretzels and have a coke. I hear the Jeopardy theme and all the memories come flooding back. My nephew Anthony used to ask him why he was so smart and he would tell him because he reads a lot.
- My dad is amazing with little kids. Most kids either LOVE him or are SCARED of him. He can look kind of scary with that beard! I love watching him with all the girls, Chante, Katie, Cari and Jess. He treated those girls like they were his own. And with his grandchildren he lights up like a Christmas tree.
- I love my dad's stuffing!





1 comment:
I am so proud of you for blogging!! Happy birthday to your daddy, i do heart him!!!
Post a Comment