
Today I have finally got the "Christmas Spirit" bug!! I knew it was that time of the year for cheer, and Santa, snowmen, lights, caroling and all that stuff that comes with it....just didn't really feel it...well tonight I found it...it is HERE!!
Sitting here laughing at Laura and Tiffany making a huge mess with their candy making...it is SO fun and I am loving it...just observing and commenting every once in a while...it is great...so I put on some music and it was to "down" for the mood of the night...so I got all my *NSYNC music out...Home For Christmas to be exact...as the first notes of "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays" played, I was filled with the joy and happiness of Christmases of the past....ah the memories...
Since moving to Utah, there has been snow and lots of family and friends...starting to feel like the holidays. Thanksgiving I spent with Laura, Mike, Tiffany, Kloey, Max, Jorden, Kayla and some of Mike's friends. It was a fun day...lots of yummy food, laughing and good times.
I have also been able to spend a lot of time with the Browns. The Browns are a special family to me. Shari was my Young Woman leader when I was 13. I babysat her kids when they were so little, Garrek was 1 1/2, Ailli was 10 months. I loved them from the beginning. Jenna came along a couple years later and then Maika and Neleh. I had moved away by the time Maika and Neleh came along, but always stayed in touch with Shari. I have been able to spend SO much time over at their house in the last few weeks. I have been loving every minute of it...I just grin and think how lucky I am to be here with them. The other night we were hanging out, with all that girls, watching tv and the girls were all on Shari's bed...all four lined up...so cute...I was almost in tears with so much happiness. I love being able to help Shari with dinner or cleaning or taking her kids around. I am pretty sure that they are the reason that I was supposed to be here in Utah when we moved here. Being with them fills my heart with so much joy and so much love. I feel closer than ever to them and am so thankful for them in my life. I am thankful that they let me come over and spend so much time with them. They are pretty amazing.




No comments:
Post a Comment