So many of you may have heard...or not...that I am moving. Yes, once again I am moving to another state...back to Utah.
Laura and I decided on this move about a month ago and can't believe that it is already time to go. I believe it is something that is in the right direction for us. From the time that we made the final decision to move, there has been a theme in our everyday lives...there is a saying that I particularly do not like to say...and at this time doesn't even have to be said for it to be true. It's that lovely saying about "it can't get any worse..." I hesitate to even use it in here, but I am over it. I expect something else to go wrong...that way when it does..I am at least a little more prepared. The last few days, when anything happened it just became comical...we had to just laugh it off or other wise, I think at one point Laura or I may have gone berserk!!
In all seriousness, this time has shown me that I am stronger that I thought(physically and mentally...the jury is still out on emotionally!)I have found that no matter what, you can laugh at the end of the day and simply move on. Yeah, things may have been bad, and the day seems to get worse and worse, and you feel like you will never get out alive. You think there is no way I can do this...I can't take it anymore...the light is always at the end of the tunnel and it may seem like a really long tunnel, but thankfully God has put up "lamp posts" along the way. Friends and family make each step bearable and sometimes brighter. And if you need a flashlight, all you have to do is pray...(I kind of like that analogy...I am pretty clever...)
There are a lot of people that I am going to miss. Of course, my Aunt Judi...she is the best Aunt in the world and I hope that I can be as good as an Aunt as she is...we always had Sunday dinners at her house and I am going to miss that so much. It was always a great time with so much laughter and great food. I am even going to miss Darrell...he is very witty and could sometimes even put Laura in her place...something that rarely happens. I am going to miss Janice. We had some good time...dancing at Silver Spur...BRE! Whoa, BRE was something that I don't think will be topped, but we are going to try! I am going to miss the boys...despite what I say, they are so fun and really loving. Taking care of 4 boys is not an easy task, but you have those moments that make it all worth it. Dylan is so unique and says some of the most random, funny things. I remember I had to borrow 2 bucks from Janice, and she had to borrow it from Dylan...he brought it to Janice and said, "Go buy yourself something nice." He said that with a straight face...Janice and I busted up laughing. Jake is a charmer and a negotiator. This kid could probably sell ice to an Eskimo. He is such a sweetheart and I am really going to miss him. Cole is something else. This kid can make me laugh and smile. He is such a cuddler and I love it! He always has to rub fabric and sucks his thumb when he cuddles. He is really coming into his personality and I can't wait to see him grow. Tyler is a hoot! This kid is so smart and he is so funny. The other day I was trying to get them all ready for the day and trying to get Dylan off to school, Tyler came over to me, stood right in front of me, cocked his head to the side and said, "I love you Aunt B" and then gave me the biggest hug! It was the sweetest thing and I think he sensed that I was getting frustrated. I really am going to miss them all so much. I am going to miss my ward. I have come to love and appreciate the dynamic of Monmouth 2nd Ward. I have been blessed with people who truly reach out and show that extra kindness. A girl names Leanne, from the ward, has become very special to me and I am really sad to say good-bye to her. She understands me and gets me and yet she still loves me. I am so glad that we got to know each other better, and wish we had spent more time together. She did promise to come visit me in Utah...and I will be back to Oregon to visit. It will be good. She has taught me not to give up. Leanne has been such a great example of someone that I know I can be. Her faith is so strong and so whole. I admire her. Her testimony shows in all she does. I am really going to miss her!! I am going to miss Kim and Andreya...oh those two...what a pair! You two keep it real!! fo sho! Sarah is such a sweetheart and I am going to miss laughing about "MJ"!! Ha! Oh and killing spiders in the middle of the night! Sarah has such an innocence and youthful spirit...it may be that she is a lot younger than me...but she is so much fun to be around, and I am sad that I didn't get to know her sister Whitney better. Overall, it is a good ward, and good people to surround yourself with.
So here I am at 6:30 in the morning on the day after packing the U-haul, getting ready for the drive to Utah today and I am wide awake...once I finally fell asleep early this morning I didn't think I would be up til at least 8! I really wanted to leave around 5 this morning, but I would have had maybe 4 hours sleep. So...I got 5 instead! Hooray for that extra hour...I am ready to get going...on the road with Laura is one of the best things I can think of and I am so ready to have FUN! This is going to be an epic road trip...So we should get to Utah late, late tonight. We are staying with my brother Mike and his family. I finally get to meet Max! My newest little nephew. We are unloading our stuff tomorrow and then Saturday morning we are leaving for LA. Jake is having a very special show and so many people are going to be there. I am excited to finally meet Katie! I cannot wait. We will stay in LA for the night and hang our on Sunday. Then we are driving to Temecula and staying with Laura's brother and his family for a week or so...then driving to Arizona to stay with my parents, go through all my boxes there, have Thanksgiving with Jorden, Kayla, my mom and dad, Gerrad, Jeni and Steven. I am hoping that I will get to see my Grandma and Grandpa while I am there. Then headed back to Utah to start working and living. I know that Utah is where we are supposed to be right now and I am getting excited to see family and friends that I haven't seen for a while. It will be great to see Shari and be there for her. I am hoping to reconnect with Jess, Chante, Katie and Cari. It is going to be good. I just know it will be. Well I am going to get going...time to wake up Laura and get on the road...





1 comment:
wishing you, that all you wish for will come true... hope all will work out for you.
Sending much love and good vibes your way...
*hugs*
Rike
Post a Comment