My dear friend Jake has written something that has really touched my life and my heart. Every time I read it, I can’t help but smile and feel more and more hope for growth and opportunity. This man knows me all too well, and in such a short time. Strange how that works, I feel like I have known him my whole life, but I am just discovering the intensity and depth of who he is. Many of you have only seen how I have been trying to spread his name and music on the internet…very few have seen the connection that has been established between the two of us. It is something that I can’t explain fully, because it is something special between the two of us. I have gotten a lot of flak from people about “obsessing about Jake”, but in reality, where I do reside, I understand where they are coming from and the lack of understanding. I am not here to put anyone down or hurt anyone’s feelings, but I just want you to see a little of how Jake and I have made a difference in each other’s lives. And yes I have had a talk with Jake about “me being a stalker” and we have established that we are friends. The reason I try to promote him so much is because he is a new artist, and is just starting out. I believe in him and his talents. His music has so much meaning and makes me think about things. His blogs that he has written have opened my eyes to how he sees the world, and sometimes how I have seen the world. I feel such joy, happiness, hope, inspiration and awe every time I listen to him sing. I want people to feel the same way, I want people to feel what I have felt and know that there is goodness out there in the world, you just have to be willing to search and listen, for it can be so fleeting, and you could miss something amazing. I am always looking for things to better myself and to make me try harder to be who I KNOW I am. Having listened to Jake’s music, I have felt a little of that. Since meeting him, talking with him and being around him, he makes me want to be a better me. His signature advice that he tells to everyone he meets or talks to or even emails, is BE YOU…how simple that can be, but can also be so complex. This is the only life we have and we need to do the best we can with it. We are all in this together, we need each other to survive, if you have something wonderful that you have discovered wouldn’t you want to share that with everyone you know? Wouldn’t you want your best friend or family to feel that also? I have been writing poems for a long time, most of them about the Gospel and not giving up even though we go through hard times. I have not shared them with many, usually with just who they were written for and family. Since meeting Jake I am getting better at sharing them with others. I am also letting myself be more open to inspiration and writing more…scary for me to put myself out there like that, but it is something that I working on…no fear in sharing.
Here is what I wanted to share...it makes me smile and it makes me happy...if only for me...that is good enough. Go and find something that makes you smile and shine!
| There once was a girl, a woman actually who wrote something, from her heart, from real life, for a time that was, and most of all for herself. There once was a man named Jake, some may say that's me, and he took the step out the door one day, and his feet did not stop moving for a month. The goal, to play music every night, in a different city, with two of his musical heroes and genuine friends, with no money, only a schedule, a car, and lots of stuff. Every day, every night, every moment he was awake in this month, and sometimes even in his dreams...he was PRESENT in his life, for life was showing him so much. And he sang, how he sang, and the people came, and moments were had, and pianos forever banged just so slightly out of tune. He came back, from where he started and took one breath. He slept for 12 hours on a friends floor and woke up with his mind and spirit like a phantom muscle memory of a newly lost limb, still feeling as if he were there. But he wasn't....and yet, it was OK. All he wanted to do was to somehow put to words for any and all who have given him so much to him, to share in what was one of the greatest adventure of this particular man's life. But before all that, before the inadequacy of storytelling could be created he received a letter.
The letter was from Brenda, the girl, no woman, who this story is really about. It said, in the way she writes the man when she is nervous to share, " Here it is....thank you so much for everything. Love, Brenda"
http://justbrenslife.blogspot.com/2009/05/shine-til-end-for-someone.html
This man named Jake, this man, me, is touched, and not in a fleeting way...no, touched in a way that changes you. B R E N D A (spells Brenda) thank YOU for everything, for being our witness and allowing me to know you. Till next time my friend. Love, Jake |




1 comment:
nice blog stalker... just kidding! I totally understand!
Post a Comment