Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Spontanious Road Trip...



I have put off blogging about my whole trip because I love looking at my blog and seeing my blog about Jake Walden...seeing it, reading it helps me to relive it. I have his CD "Alive and Screaming" so that helps me relive it also. He is amazing!

So moving on...to the rest of the trip. On our drive to AZ from Vegas I was watching the rain clouds come in and thinking about all that had happened with meeting Jake and his family and just the amazement of it all, I heard Jake singing a song...I pulled out my laptop and wrote the words down as they came flowing out of my mind. I just wanted to share the words with you all. I am becoming more daring in sharing the things I write, it is super scary, but at the same time feels right. Right now as I am trying to put those words in here my heart is racing and I feel so anxious and vulnerable. This was written for Jake, inspired by Jake...

Inspirations come and go

Inspirations ebb and flow

I felt it cement in my soul, the day I heard your voice

Your words calmed my fears, I felt my heart rejoice

Hope is not lost

Reach for it at any cost

My hopes and dreams came alive, the day I saw your face

You shared your soul with me, in that time and place

Sing for the entire world

Let your emotions unfurled

I felt your words open my heart, in the moment we shared

You unlocked a gate, and for a moment I was scared

Open your eyes and see

A clear image of who you want to be

Open your eyes and see

A clearer image of who you are to be

Be brave in your journey

Be strong in your learning

I believe in you, I believe in you

Your task is just beginning; your journey is not through

So open your eyes and see

Open your eyes and see

The image of you who I can see

The image of who you can be

So there that is. It gets better and better each time I have shared it, it hasn't been with many, but enough to feel it.

I have to backtrack a little. The whole thing starts with my parents coming to Oregon. We had a lot of fun hanging out, singing Sing-Star...yes my dad and mom sang quite a few songs. I won't embarass my dad to much...I'll just post a couple of pictures....Here are my mom, dad, and I singing songs...I didn't get a good picture of Laura that night...so I will be nice to her! We had so much fun singing and "pretending" we were just taking pictures...not videos! Those are for our eyes only till my dad says it's okay!







So my parents also brought my cats up to me...Syd and Ali. They will be 3 in March! I love those kitties so much. I was so happy to see them. Ali is a fat cat and she loves feet...we walk by her and she would just pounce on your feet. She is a talkative cat too. She will sit in the window and talk to the birds! I love it. She is a quirky kitty! Syd is my baby. When she was a kitten she would sleep on my chest with her front paws on one side of my neck and her back paws on the other side of the other side my neck. I love both my cats so much! Here are a few pictures of them from when they were kittens til now.


So I think that is all I am going to post until now...I don't want it to be to long, and I am tired! I will post tomorrow or the next day I will blog about the Utah part of the trip and more! Til then, have fun and be happy!

No comments: