Wahoo! I am doing an update...let's see last time I blogged would have been May 1, 2010.
Well in May a lot of my life changed. My best friend moved back home to Oregon to help take care of her sister. Her sister was diagnosed with cancer and she has 4 boys at home. I really was sad when my best friend left. I really thought that I wasn't going to survive without her...but here I am into August and I am still alive. Since May I have also gone into a new phase of my life I guess. This is huge to put out there, but I believe that there is a reason that I am going through this. Maybe it is to help someone else, maybe it is just for me to better understand myself. I don't know for sure, but I am learning to just not question some things. I have been struggling with drug use for quite a while in my life. At the end of May, I decided to stop using. I went into a program that works on the 12 steps of recovery. Sort of like AA, but with a religious twist from the church I am a memeber of. I also started attending AA meetings and have done pretty good. It is a new thing in my life and I believe that it is working. I have met some very amazing people and will forever be changed in my life by just knowing these people.
Some more big news came to me that has really affected me and my priorities in life. The doctors found a large mass on my Dad's kidney. He has surgery just yesterday to remove it and he came out of the surgery well. It kind of makes you re-think what is really important in life and in relationships. Somethings I am not ready to go into right now, but just wanted to write a little update. I am going to try harder to keep up on my blog. I really do enjoy writing. Till next time...





1 comment:
Bren!
I just came upon your blog. I to struggle with addiction. I have a blog thoughtsofanldsaddict.blogspot.com that I think you might enjoy! Hang in there! It works!!
Post a Comment