Sunday, October 5, 2008

Tag Challenge From Laura: 5 Things I am Grateful For...


I want to start off this blog by saying Thank You to Laura for "challenging" me to blog. I know that I have been slacking. I just didn't know what to blog about. I have had "blogger block" I think. Anyway I am hoping that by writing this blog it will, a) show what I am thankful for and b) start a "blogging blizzard"!! I think I have too many "quote marks"...oops.
So onto the heart of this blog. For awhile I have had a LOT of time on my hands and have been using it unwisely. I have had a lot of time to think, and have found that even when my life is boring and non-productive, I have a lot to be thankful for. The image above is a "wordle" from wordle.net. It is a pretty cool thing. Although the process of trying to post it on this blog drove me crazy!! So onto my list...in no particular order...


  • The Blogging Community. I love how connected I feel with friends who are all over the place, even though I may have not seen them in years. I still think of them everyday and am able to peek in on their lives when they blog. Also something unique about the blogging community is the unity I feel with others who have read and kept up to date with The Nielson's . I love as I read through other blogs I see the NieNie buttons everywhere. The Neilson's are in my thoughts and prayers. And Thank You to Courtney (http://blog.cjanerun.com/) Stephanie's sister, for keeping us all up to date on their recovery and how their children are fairing without the constant presence of their parents. They are lucky to have you!
  • Sleep...long, uninterrupted, wonderful, delightful, dream-filled sleep. Oh how I do enjoy sleeping so much. It's has kind of become a big part of my life...I think about it in all my waking hours and long for the physical slumber.
  • My Family...What to say about my family. Family is amazing to me. They are always there when you need them and they still love you. I feel so lucky to be close to my extended family. My Aunt Judi and her kids, my cousins are the greatest people in the world. They are my best friends. I am especially close with Laura and I don't know what I would do without her. She loves me despite my many downfalls and mental issues! I also consider a lot of people who are not "blood related" as family. The Sprouls' and Beachamps'. I may have not seen any of them for years, but we grew up together I think of them as family. Also, "my little sisters" Julie, Chante, Katie, Cari and Jess. I wasn't able to see Julie, but good to get in contact with her. I love you girls and was so happy to see you in April. You all are beautiful, strong women. I love you all.
  • Reading...ah wonderful books...I LOVE to read. I tried to resist with all my might to NOT read the Twilight series, but my roomie, and best friend Laura, was relentless and tempted me EVERYDAY while she read the first book and I faltered! I gave in, and I love the books. Just finished the second one!! So excited for the next one! I love all kinds of books and I love the spark of imagination that reading brings to my creative mind! It is amazing....if only I could sleep and read forever!!
  • The Gospel. I love the Gospel and the stability of it. I know lately I have been slacking on attending church, but my mind and heart and spirit have not changed. I still love the Gospel and KNOW that the Church is true. I have a very strong testimony, strongest I have ever felt in my life. I am grateful that I finally figured out and BELIEVE that Heavenly Father loves me and knows who I am, and what I am going through. He is always there.
So there it is in a nutshell. I am very thankful for my life and the people in my life. I thought of so many things that I am grateful for and have an idea of a few "tribute blogs" to some people and things. Thanks all for reading my blog!!

I issue a challenge to the all who want to blog about
5 things they are grateful for. I love you all!!

***Note: Thank you to Laura for making the AWESOME photoshop thingy for me. I will understand it some day, and do my own!! I love you!!***



2 comments:

Laura said...

it is about dang time you blogged!! Now do it all the time... see how nice it feels to have one done. You will turn into me and just look at your blog b/c you think it is awesome looking, kinda how I am with a mirror!!!

LOVE YOU!!!

Linda LaBaw said...

Thanks B for this beautiful blog! Hope you find the happiness and joy you deserve in your life. It was good to spend a few days with you and Lo. I miss you and love you!!

Mom